2 Full-time, 9am – 5pm Monday – Friday
2 Part-time, Sunday, evenings and weekends
Chief Peguis Investment Corporation (CPIC) is recruiting professional Security Guards to protect our
premises, assets and personnel. You will maintain a high visibility presence and prevent all illegal or
inappropriate actions. The goal is to detect, deter, observe and report.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Security Guards shall attend work site in full uniform.
• Shall remain on site for entire duration of shifts.
• Shall remain on site until the Staff at 1065 & 1075 Portage have completed all duties and have
cleared the premises and ensure the buildings are secured.
• Shall monitor the CCTV cameras
• Shall assist other Security Guards at 1065 & 1075 Portage when required
• Shall fulfill duties with the highest integrity and treat all tenants, visitors to 1065 & 1075 Portage
Avenue, its Staff & Clients with utmost respect in a professional manner at all times.
• Shall ensure all Policies are followed and adhered to.
• Shall ensure peace and safety of all persons at specified locations including Staff and Clients.
• Shall complete daily log book provided at 1065 & 1075 Portage Avenue.
• Shall complete full reports of events or occurrences when required, e.g., usage of illegal drugs,
illegal contraband, intoxicated, unruly, incidents, Fire and other Emergency Calls, and or when
Winnipeg Police Service are called
• Shall inform CPIC management of any and all criminal event, damage to property, assaults on
Staff and Clients
• Shall ensure all persons entering properties are subject to voluntary search of hand bags, back
• Shall ensure patrons entering 1065 & 1075 Portage Avenue only access areas where public may
• Shall only as a last resort arrest or detain a client or patron and shall always attempt to resolve
all matters in and expeditious manner with utmost professionalism.
• Shall remain on duty until all staff at 1065 & 1075 Portage have left the building and ensure that
all buildings are securely locked and all persons are out of the building.
Requirements and skills
• Proven work experience as a Security Guard or relevant position
• Trained security officer with diploma
• Ability to operate detecting systems and emergency equipment
• Excellent knowledge of public safety and security procedures/protocols
• Surveillance skills and detail orientation
• Integrity and professionalism
• Be able to pass criminal record check and child & adult abuse registry checks
• Have First Aid and CPR certification
Starting wage will be $15/hour
Please submit a cover letter, resume, criminal record check, adult & child abuse registry checks, First
Aid/CPR certification by 5 pm on June 17, 2022. Preference will be given to indigenous candidates. Only
original documents will be accepted. Please mail or drop off all documents to:
Chief Peguis Investment Corporation
200-1075 Portage Ave.
Wpg., MB. R3G 0R8
Note: only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted